Thursday, February 21, 2008

First Babysitter

Last Friday, the day after Valentine's day, Jonathan and I had a night alone while Chris and Jan Newell watched Ava. I couldn't believe that I even considered leaving her when she's so young, but it helps when you have people that you love and trust to babysit. You could say that Chris and Jan are Ava's grandparents in Tennessee. (Don't be jealous mom and dad - she really misses your sweet hugs and kisses!) Thanks Chris and Jan for being so willing to watch Ava. She had a great time. Now I on the other hand had a hard time. I couldn't wait to get back to her and give her lots of kisses. I called to check on her 3 times and we were only away from her for 3 hours. I will get better, but for the first time being away from her that long, I thought I did pretty good. Jonathan may have a different opinion though.


2 comments:

Jan said...

What a thrill. We are ready again if Mommie can handle it.

The Spaids said...

You called 3 times, but how many times did you check your phone? The first time I left Maggie for any amount of time I think I checked my phone every 5 minutes to make sure it was still working. =)