Thursday, January 01, 2009

Reflecting on 2008

Jonathan and I were brought a lot of changes in 2008. As I'm thinking back, this has been the year for a few big changes. First, came our daughter, a year ago. It's hard to believe a year ago I was in the hospital holding my sweet little Ava for the first time. I can remember feeling her baby soft skin, and looking into those big blue eyes, and seeing her bright red lips for the first time. Seeing all her fingers and her little toes just brought Jonathan and I an overwhelming joy. Having a child changed us in so many ways. It brought Jonathan and I closer in our marriage and it also brought us closer to Christ. After having Ava, and holding my newborn baby, made me realize how much Jesus did sacrifice for us. How He was once that small - AMAZING!!


Another big change came at the first of October. By the Lord's grace, we were able to buy our first home. We love our new home and couldn't ask for anything more. It's a perfect size for our little family and we praise God for that!


We have had our spiritual struggles, but our prayer is that in 2009 we will grow closer to God and have a better relationship with Him. Each year should bring us closer and should give us hope for His return.


It's been fun keeping family and friends updated with our life, okay, mainly Ava's life, with our blog. I hope you have been enjoying it. Sorry there aren't any pictures with this post, but I promise birthday pictures will be coming soon.

Hope you all have a blesssed 2009!!


No comments: