Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter

The day before Easter we took Ava to the zoo for an Easter egg hunt. It ended up being pretty chilly out, so we didn't stay long. I think Ava enjoyed it though.
Here we are about to go get our Easter eggs!!


And here are some pictures of Ava in her Easter dress. I took a ton of pictures. It was hard for me to narrow it down to just a few.




Last week, one of my friends let me borrow a book called Treasuring God in our Traditions. There was a chapter on Easter and it gave me some great ideas for next year. I want Ava to learn that Easter isn't about bunny's, eggs, chocolate, etc. It's Resurrection day! As Ava is getting older, it will be fun to start some traditions of our own.

1 comment:

Nita said...

I love Ava's egg basket! So cute. We really enjoyed celebrating Easter with you guys even if it was a very non-traditional meal. Are we going to try for the ham and deviled eggs for Mother's Day? Because we're willing to eat them, if you're willing to make them. :)