Monday, July 14, 2008

Butter me up!


Ok, so while sitting in my house yesterday I witnessed what can only be called, "A flagrant foul of the buttery kind"

In order to remain impartial in this story and the results of the above poll, the real names and events have been changed.

While enjoying a delightful lunch with my wife and child of Ritz crackers and Peanut Butter I glanced over to see my life partner enjoying a cracker with peanut butter carefully placed on the (inappropriate side of the cracker). I exclaimed, "whoa now, you can't be puttin that p-butter all up on that side, it is unnatural" the person in question responded to me with, "whatever are you speaking of, I can butter whatever side of the cracker that I please."

A ten minute conversation ensued on the correct placement of the butter on a singular Ritz cracker, it got a little heated and some yelling was done, but after some time we decided to agree to disagree, until now.

I am putting it before you, the loyal masses to put this issue to rest. Please voice your opinion on the above poll about where the Peanut Butter should be placed in order to have correct consumption. The results will be available when the truth is known.

9 comments:

Kasey said...

peanut butter totally goes n the "top side" the side with the salt.

Pastor Jim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pastor Jim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Peanut butter ALWAYS goes on the back side! When you put said cracker in your mouth, you get the salt directly on your tongue, hince an amazingly salty yet peanut buttery treat! It's the only way to roll!

phil said...

The right side is the wife's side and the sooner you learn that, the longer, more peaceful, and dare I say, blessed your marriage will be. I would have voted but that wasn't one of the choices. By the way, not withstanding the aforementioned life rule, were you referring to Ritz/peanut butter sandwiches or open face?

starbucksgirl said...

I think the problem is that you should be putting something other than peanut butter on them.

starbucksgirl said...

I agree with Kasey. The top side.

Anonymous said...

I think you need to refer to "The Butter Battle" by Dr. Seuss. You will see that this is indeed a momumental issue that needs to be resolved immediately! And then, refer to the previous comment by "phil" (who is apparently VERY wise) and follow his advice
Jann

Bill J. Gump said...

I spread my PB on the side opposite the other side :) but I'm approaching the age where I choose the low sodium Ritz so it doesn't matter.

Silly married people.